This tool kit is the result of a two year NordPlus project which has been documented on this web: effectivewebinars.wordpress.com. The main focus is on how to organize and lead webinars which engage participants and offer them various ways for collaboration.
An article built on our work with this project and the toolkit was published on EURODL IN 2017:
Basic information on webinars
- How to make webinar participants feel welcome.
- Presentations in webinars – short and sweet.
- How to boost interactivity.
- Interactivity tips.
- Webinar etiquette 10 rules from GoToMeeting
A model of how to organize webinars which encourage and enable participation
- Collaborative spaces
- Collaborative tools “Plain vanilla” On the collaborative tools built into most web conferencing systems
- Collaboration on documents Learn how to get participants to write together
- Collaboration on canvases Use canvases to offer totally unstructured or very structured collaboration
- Collaborative mind mapping Mindmaps can help participants structure their discussions on the run and give them a better overview of their ideas
- Simple technical guidelines
- Common problems
- How to show your smartphone in a webinar
- Microphone recommendations
- How to use multiple webcams