Many webinars are simply announced on a website with the link to the meeting room clearly visible. We advise some form of registration process for a number of reasons:
- Registration is a form of commitment. People are more likely to note the time and date in their calendars.
- Create a registration form using for example Google Forms. Here you can set up a form quickly and then have real time monitoring of all registrations.
- An alternative registration is to create an event in Facebook and invite your contacts to join.
- Send a reminder e-mail to all registered participants 1-2 days before the event and then on the day of the event. People tend to register for webinars and then forget it. Reminders can increase your audience.
- Another advantage of a registration form is that you can send follow-up e-mails with the link to the recording and an invitation to continue the discussion in a Facebook or Google+ group.